Wednesday, September 10, 2008

101 Dalmations aka pictures

 Ok so a few days later I am finally officially posting this blog.. words included... however it is 3:17 am so don't give me any credit just yet.. so anyway first week of classes.. taking italian, photography, screen printing, batik, art history, and graphic design.. Tons of fashion classes.. riiight..now I know that you are reading this blog because the last few have been extremely entertaining and completely satisfied your internet craving, and that this has probably become your daily perez hilton.. maybe my blog should be mckenzie hilton, or better yet mckenzie duff. interesting idea, let me know which you prefer. The point was this particular post is mostly going to be consumed of pictures so here we go.  the story behind this funny man.. is that while only thinking of my loyal blog subscribers, I wanted to show the little coconut/fruit stand across from my school; however, I guess the owner thought he should wave. Then Vivi realizing how good of a picture prompt this was asked him but he thought she wanted a picture of him and me... So if Vivi ever creates a blog you will find a picture of the coconut man and me.. its a dandy.. Also if you get a chance to really fully stalk this photo you will notice that the man is slightly terrifying.. yet cute? the point of this picture is the coconut so look at it because I know they don't have these on welch.  this is a picture of the front door of my school... the first floor is a bank and you can't really tell it apart from any other building on the street, so I'm sorry for the confusion.. this is the view from the top floor of my school, specifically my italian class.... Pitti Palace- directly across the street from my school. Brief history: dates from 1458 and was the home of Luca Pitti. It was later sold to rivals of the Pitti family, the Medici family, because they had run out of money and couldn't finish construction.   View from Ponte Vecchio. If you look in the distance you can see the carousel that was in my previous blog. This center is called Piazza della Repubblica (aka the belly button of Florence according to Florence & Tuscany 2008). So today I ventured off by myself to try and find a notebook for Italian, but ended up only finding one that cost 3.40 euro... It was probably comparable to one you would find at a .99 cent store in the U.S.. so therefore, if you are randomly sending a package to italy.. pleasee include some notebooks, barney, dora, anything I don't care.. I included this picture for my fellow team mates.. Stellaz.. get it? There is one other store called stellas but both stores are pretty trashy and remind me of after thoughts in merle hay mall.. except trashier.just a few pictures on the walk home
 Ponte Vecchio nightlife. This bridge is known for the selling of gold and silver. At night it is lined with tourists and very few italians. This night Vivi decided she wanted Gelato and I really wanted a waffle.. So of course we went and got one... I will include a waffle picture later so it will make more sense. 
 our bedroom.. please appreciate my throw pillow for a second. this is our front door handle... its complicated and I don't want to talk about it boys room. yes it is bigger than ours. courtyard from our window.
 duomo (Santa Maria del Fiore). dinner with Alyssa, Abbie, and Vivi.  Just thought I'd add this one in for you blog readers.. Please meet Christmas/Fernando.. And yes I was forced to take this picture.

Other than that, school was pretty good the first week. I haven't really had any homework except for in photography and that was to take a roll of film. Pretty difficult. My art history class will be challenging because we have to read 5 chapters by Thursday and at the end of the class we have to write an 8 page paper and do an oral presentation. 

Over the last few days I'm sure something funny has happened, but since I procrastinated writing this I can't remember anything at this moment.. I will be putting up another blog today though because this weekend we went to Pisa. Dun dun dunnn...

To be continued...



1 comment:

Niki McNeill Brown said...

your apartment is so cute!!
these pictures are great... see u in class ;)