Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Firenzeee and me (get it friends and firenze)

 
sorry I am really bad about posting, but its getting to the point when i am getting used to everything so it doesnt seem like there is as much to write... anyway.. so I know all you have been thinking about for the last week is which famous person I saw...

so heres the down low- not sure about that saying by the way- anyway so vivi and i were walking somewhere that I don't remember now.. and there was a huge crowd of people around a hotel. We asked what was going on and at first someone told us Johnny depp .. so we were like sweet, johnny depp.. so we stood with them for a while, and then someone else told us no it is David Beckham.. so at this point, I'm thinking bend it like beckham, even better.. finally about 15 minutes later some girl walks out.. an italian pop star? who knows.. but we saw her.. and she is famous.. so be jealous


another night we decided to order pizza because Hannah told me it was a brilliant idea; HOWEVER, she left out that the delivery men don't speak english. So here I am.. on the phone.. with an italian dude.. and then about 3 more italian dudes. .. trying to order a salami pizza and 2 cheese pizzas...  the italian man, now we will call him dudio, was very frustrated. Dudio kept handing me around to other employees.. who also didn't know english.. eventually I was so flustered that I was saying tre pizzas que hahaha... o geeezzzz ... finally niki just got on the phone and they found someone who knew english.. 2 hours later we got our 3 pizzas.. and they were decently bad, but still pretty good. Myth busted, italian pizza is not that much different than in the U.S, so far anyway.. now don't get all defensive about that comment please

pictures of my art history class... our teacher is a character

my attempt at cooking... it was the best thing ive cooked so far.. by the way wine + peach juice + pineapple juice= bad idea


  
So we went out to Naima bar, in attempt to be young and with it..

pretty much mission accomplished
  
however Maryn did not inform me that her lover Simone would be there and would also bring his friend Marco...
  
moving on... so the following day we took off on our adventure to IKEA... I kea to you americans and ee kea to you italians.. now everyone is happy.

anyway so it was raining. and of course I wore my longer pants that happen to flare at the bottom.. and on top of that I have never thought it was a good idea to invest in an umbrella.  so it was raining, my pants would only stay up if i rolled them to the top of my knee, and before vivi bought me an umbrella I was wearing a scarf on my head, sari style.

props to vivi for selling her body in order to get my umbrella for 2 euros cheaper.

finally made it to Ikea. There is supposedly a free shuttle, but somehow we got on the not free shuttle.. 2 buses, some frustration, and a walk through china town of Italy we finally made it.

Ikea isn't as cool as in the states.. Its a lot smaller, the displays are only half as impressive, and they have arrows that tell you where to go. To spite them we went the wrong way through their maze. 

Think Pink.. he is


They sell these on the street. Supposedly you can put them next to any kind of music and they will "dance" slash hop to the beat. Seems like a good investment to me. My mom wants some so that must mean something.

I have two more blogs coming. Sorry I am behind, but there are two blogworthy things to write about from this weekend... 

lollipops yall!

No comments: