Monday, September 8, 2008

Dogs are Out

Blog Number 2! I'm awesome!
some means of transportation.. meet baby truck and baby car.. reminds me of my little tikes car...

ok so this time I wrote a list of interesting things to mention that I left out in the previous blog.

First of all I forgot to mention that the second day Vivi, Maryn and I decided to walk to the grocery store that ended up being at least 15 minutes away. A good walk, except when you're carrying bags full of detergent, milk, aka heavy stuff and on top of that have lost all muscle mass from lack of motivation to work out. anyway the good part of this story is, so on the way back we decided a short distance into the walk that we would try out the bus system. NOW let me point out that this is not because we are lazy, but because we are efficient, attempting to do as the italians do which includes trying out the bus system. So we wait at the stop for about 15 minutes and then finally the bus rolls towards us and stop. Doors open, chinese man gets on, 2 cartoon-esque italians and their dog get on, 3 Americans try to get on and the bus driver looks back at us and closes the doors. So there we are... standing with all of our bags... flabbergasted at what had just happened.. Distraught we start walking and eventually come to another bus stop and then thankfully that bus driver let us on. We were told that we could buy tickets on the bus but when we got on we didn't know how and so I guess we got a free ride? well thats karma Italy
  
very scary statue man.. in this particular moment he was staring down a lady who was looking at him

chalk drawing on the street

tomorrow I will put up pictures of our apartment, but right now 
its a mess so you wont be able to fully appreciate the throw pillow that I decided to bring along for that home like feeling I've been hearing about.  cough.. vivi

Anyway on today.

carousel... im not sure on the location, but I'll let you know on that

Another 75 euros spent. on clothes? gelato? no.. but a living permit. so in 6 to 7 months i will officially be able to live here. except for by then I will be gone. Italy and America do have something in common! figure it out for yourselves :) ha maybe I should insert an American flag just in case... 
On good news today I signed up for Batik/silk painting and screen printing. All of the classes here are 3 hours long, but it is worth it because they will actually be fun. I'm also taking italian, photography, art history, and graphic design. For all of you math majors out there that is 6 classes and 19 credits. Oh well. no class on friday so don't worry I will still get the "italian" experience .. maybe I will even dye my hair brown 

just one of the many amazing bikes found around town... this one I dedicate to our italian non italian we met the other night named christmas... red and green.. get it?

I am having one small problem. I want to drink juice, and I can't find a good tasting juice. The other day  I bought pineapple juice, but it ended up tasting like they poured the juice from canned pineapples into a container. Later I bought peach juice which has so far be a drastic improvement, but I think there are better out there. There has to be. 

Lastly before I leave you, Please understand my blog title. It started in Hawaii from being rolled by huge waves at Makenna and standing up a sandy mess; however, I realized that life is full of sandginas, and it is a privilege to get one, especially when you live in a multi personality weather  environment like Iowa. 

Below you will find our collection of cups that I have grown to be quite fond of. Especially the dog ones, and please note that there is a dog inside the mug also. Oh you silly italians!
Oh here is my favorite! 
loving it and thats hot, xoxo mckenshizzling

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true so true, there are many sandgina's in life. i'm glad you have learned to embrace them!