Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I like your Smile. Thank you.


Mobile Upload: my roommate is tough. here is proof with his gambling card. 
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. First off to explain the title. I have been really into thedrifterandthegypsy blog.. she posted about some cards that they sell in europe that have short and sweet messages such as i like your smile. thank you. and you are beautiful. thank you.  too bad I could type and print them in 20 seconds for a lot cheaper then they sell them... some how I am still tempted to buy them, now thats good marketing...

she alsohas some really nice poems, they soothe my soul. here is another one.... see under sweet painted trash can found at an art show

Always forgive freely,
Returning injury for injury to no one.
Never let the sun set before you clear your transgressions,
Repent of your sins.
Clothe yourselves with love,
For with it you can conquer the bitterness abundant in our lives.
Adorn yourselves with the beauties of the world:
Kindness, self-control, and goodness of heart,
That by demonstrating these qualities
You can make the Earth a paradise.
All too often our love is tainted by our pride.
Never be guided by the impetuous impulses of the heart,
For it is the most treacherous tool of the body.
Count every beautiful thing you can see
And suddenly all the hatred, corruption, and 
Violence of the world will vanish.
i might love yogurt land more than i love chamomile tea. look at those colorful creations

Another whimsical day off, this time spent in Santa Monica. Great city, vivacious vibe. 
Walking on the street saw this little duo outside of a hostel. yes they have hostels in the united states. 

Maybe rocket power was based off of this pier instead. . . . it had an amusement park and trapeze lessons..

i liked this wall mural. jeff was chatting it up so I didn't get the picture I hoped for of me plainly standing there. 
Dang you california and all of your CrA Zee cute garden towns! Next day off Jeffsy and I headed to Sandileggo. First stop, number 5 beach in the united states according to some random internet statistic... Coronado beach
nice door to some nice house.
Iowa State is everywhere. These folks gave me many reasons that I should approach them, first of all they were having a fantastic looking cook out, which is no surprise from a true iowan. Second of all they were representing my alma mater. too bad my shyness (I am shy) overcame me approaching them... Where is mike or hannah when I need them? 
here it is. The famous number 5.... it was a cloudy day so I would give it the benefit of the doubt.... the sand was really nice though... for your information the other beaches that beat it out were 2 in maui (duh) 1 in new york (really?) and one in florida......

sorry ya'll peterson pitts, big creek, and raccoon river did not make it on the list this year.
walking through the town of coronado where 10 bucks will get you a BLT and some fancy chips. dang. I am jewish...technically i am though really... not religiously, but historically... word choice could have been better there....don't be jealous.
I told jeff to sit on the canon. Of course he did this. because he is maybe a little sexually frustrated. who knows.
Mission bay... where all of the action happens.. but not at 5pm. I had dreams of me becoming a great water skier here.
more from the same beach. 


Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but honestly if I posted what I did every day you would see a lot of pictures of me at red robin or me tagging or measuring clothes at Obey.... Next week is my last week here.. Mike comes on Friday. We have plans to go to the San Diego zoo and a country bar. I have learned the watermelon crawl. I'm sure you all will be very impressed when I get home. 

No I am not tan yet, and no I don't think that is going to happen, but I may come home with a permanent fry smell.

Lesson learned thus far: get a paid internship so you don't have to seat people or bus tables for money 5 nights a week. smile smile laugh laugh.

i mizz you. lets video chat.

3 comments:

Niki McNeill Brown said...

this post made me smile! thanx :)

McKenzie said...

i can always count on you to make a comment on my post! you are awesome!! come to iowa soon! exclamation point!

Anonymous said...

are you saying that i'm not shy?

... confuse me?