Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pienza in my pants, Montepulciano and Montalcino aka Chianti

Welcome to my adventures in Chianti. Chianti... like the famous wine region.. Ask me how many vineyards I saw. zero. funny I know, and I know I don't drink wine, but still.. Chianti and no vineyards? Anyway despite that, Chianti was beautiful. This was another one day trip with our school, so it was free so that means it is always worth it. Plus I got another strawberry and creme lollipop. 

The towns were called Montalcino, Pienza, and Montepulciano. All three were cute, small and hilly. Supposedly there were secret underground wine and cheese tasting places, but we weren't told of this so we spent the whole day just wondering through the towns.

All three towns had amazing views.
Marie aka. virgin marie (italian translation of Marie) and I shooting our new cd album cover.
This is for the more upbeat songs in the album.
Marie and Becca on a bench. So much excitement in this day haha.

  
Peter looking at the landscape.

 
At the second town, Pienza, we had lunch.. guess what.. it was pizza. I know that my pizza loving friends (you know who you are) would enjoy that I have eaten more pizza in the last month in a half than I have in my whole life. Also Pienza is known for its amazing cheese, but did I eat any of this cheese? no. Why not? Because I didn't know haha :) 

In the last town: Montepulciano

 
picture on the right: a really neat market that I wish I would've boughten something from, but I am cheap and a selective buyer so I came home empty handed 

Overall the trip to Chianti was really relaxing, not much happened, but it was still a really fun day. 

Marie and I spiced it up with some Nelly Country Grammer. And if you know anything about Country Grammer, you know that any day with it is a good day.

Low Street in a range rover.

Mckling

1 comment:

Will Wilkinson said...

woooaaaaa that pizza looks way sweeter than anything i ever ate in italy! dont ever take that stuff for granted, mckenzie!