Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Long time Coming...

Haven't written a new blog in a while, yet so much has changed...

summer has come to an end and even though I am extremely happy to not be drenched in sweat constantly, I am already regretting saying that I was looking forward to winter. Last weekend was probably around 60 degrees, but yesterday was 80 degrees. Thank you Iowa for never failing to be weatherful.


Thanks to my current, and very important job as a nanny for the next year, I was able to get a pass to the zoo and science center. It definitely paid off because I have now been to the zoo 4 times. I am pretty sure that is more than I have been in my entire life, and considering our zoo takes an hour to walk through, I now have it memorized.


Along with nannying, the first 2/3 of my summer was jam packed. I decided to take on one million hobbies which ended up defeating the purpose of me staying in Iowa for another year (to spend time with family).... Anyway, so I am now fullfilling my dream of being a swing dancer and am on a swing troupe which I love. I have the best teachers and hopefully some day I will be as good as Frida. On top of this I also coached a youth cheer team for 2 months and took guitar lessons. Currently I am dancing, nannying, taking guitar lessons, and am the manager of a coed slow pitch softball league.. So I'm pretty important obviously.

Lots of weddings- awesome friends from college got married... spectacular wedding

Yes I still have the most adorable niece, who somehow gets cuter and cuter.. Not biased, look at her. She is 7 months old and could crawl a month ago and is now starting to walk(ish).

In other news- new season equals new boy... haaa... or as my grandma calls him "new mike".... because low and behold, his name is also mike.

Anyway, kidding aside, he is an amazing guy who I am so happy to have finally found. Unfortunately he is moving to california in two weeks, but lets be real.. I like it complicated.

As for the pictures- we took a random roadtrip and ended up in memphis...Stopping at much needed places such as white castle and the mastodon museum.

Memphis was awesome. enough said.

I did two more cakes... for the same day. Luckily Mike helped me and was the best assistant ever. Both completely different, but both couples were very happy with them so that made all of the non stop cake making for a week worth it.


warmth and dryness from the midwest,

mcknoodle

No comments: