Monday, February 9, 2009

LOOK EH LUH

So
I planned on going to the Chicago Lykke Li show, but with a minor conflict it ended up being a no go. ANyway. .So of course i had to see my swedish desire and decided 2 hours prior to needing to leave that I HAD to go. Accompanying me was Eric.  (see below)

Sooo we left for Minnesota, with just enough time to be right on time, but one problem.. no tickets. Lykke li (har har luckily get it) it wasn't sold out.


Here is the entrance,,,,, pretttyyyy kewlllllll....
Next storyline: awaiting the show we were sat in this what seemed like huuggeee lounge, complete with big red couches and printed tablecloths... While waiting, I decided to prepare the lighting setting on my camera,and accidentally took a picture with a bright flash as this girl was walking by. Now I have this very close up picture of this girl who uncomfortably apologized for getting in the way and then offered to take our picture. Me being the pale individual I am, immediately turned tomato and as a result had to edit the picture... One downfall, tan 1/2 mexican eric is now pale with me. The point of saying mexican was to clarify that he is tan.

The show was amazing. It was on a sunday, and since in the midwest our best dance move is standing with our arms crossed bobbing our heads... or MAYBE if you are real crazy, bending your knees.. she didn't seem that happy about it. She even made a few jesus jokes, like we shouldn't be afraid to get down on our knees and started a song out by singginnggg jeeessuusssss... all in good fun
The group that went before her (sorry for the order) was Wildbirds and Peacedrums. Of course when Eric saw the poster for them he was immediately excited. Since most of you don't know him, one of his favorite jokes includes cafes and liberals and so a group with that sort of name only added to his impression of my taste.... Maybe I made him sound bad? oops

Wildbirds and Peacedrums. Also amazing. I bought their cd. I like to run to it. They are a little insane. I suggest listening to doubt and hope (you can find it on my playlist located on the right). Favorite part of the night: her sparkly drumsticks